Monday, September 27, 2010

IHOP-KC Is Turning A Leaf


For those of you who do not know much about the International House of Prayer which is where I am going to be until the end of November, know this. . . It's awesome!
But sadly, one of the things I have been loving about it is about to end.  In  November of 2009 an outpouring of the Holy Spirit began in one of the classes.  It spread like wildfire and they began having Awakening Services shortly thereafter.  God is turning the page and the leadership team believes that it is best to go back to the groundfloor and begin praying and fasting for the next wave, the deeper waters of the river if you will.  So, the last night of Awakening services will be on October 9, 2010.

Why am I sad?  I am sad because the Awakening Services have offered a major freedom for me.  I can dance and sing as loud as I want and no one pays you any mind because they are doing the same thing.  Now it's back to the prayer room and there is not that type of freedom in the prayer room.  I've grown spiritually in those Awakening Services and it's sad for me to see it go when it's meant so much to me.
So, please pray with me if you will.  Pray that the spirit of freedom breaks out into the prayer room!  Pray that the Holy Spirit is not snuffed out because it makes people feel more comfortable.  Quite frankly I'm tired of people worrying about how comfortable they are, the gospel and being a Christian was never about that anyway. Pray that dancing like David is allowed everywhere, not just in one little box in one little section of the prayer room during certain times.  I love you IHOP, but that is booty!

Now please do not misunderstand me, I have nothing against quiet worship.  I like to have quiet worship sometimes.  I just believe there should be room for both.

Please pray that God continues to take us to deeper waters, and higher places in Him.  Please pray that the outpouring pours out everywhere and that people get healed and delivered in the cafe, prayer room, classrooms, library, etc.  Bring it on!  More Lord!!





1 comment:

  1. I am so excited upon hearing of your growth and freedom during the services! I do understand your point and pray that nothing hinders the work and Spirit of the Lord most high! Keep on letting Him work in you, through you, and for you!

    ReplyDelete