Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Nanny Diaries: Chapter Three - What a Nerd!

So, we are at the one month mark and I am still alive.  I've managed to survive all the poopy pull-ups, temper tantrums, naughty chair incidents and Wii mental breakdowns that come with hanging out with two little people.  You learn a lot from kids.  You learn a lot about yourself and how we treat God through them.  I mean, He did ask us to come to Him as little children.  I'm finding that we are quicker to come to Him as whiny little children, more than loving children.

Here are this week's Highs and Lows:

Highs for the week -

1.  One afternoon I was trying to get Elijah to go potty and he says to me, "Auntie, I have a nerd in there!"  I said, " A nerd?  In where?"  He says, "In there!"  And points to his pull-up.  After a few moments of wondering what in the world a nerd could possibly be doing in his pull-ups, seeing as we had none of that candy in the house, I finally realized what he meant.  Earlier in the day when we were potty training I had seen one of the "t" words in his pull-up and called it so.  He misheard what I said and deemed them, "Nerds".  So, now instead of asking Elijah if he has a poopy, I ask him if he has nerds.

2.  As you know, I'm not a cat person.  So, one evening during the boys' devotional time with their mother, she asked them what prayer requests they had.  Elijah said, "I want to pray for Auntie, because she yells at the kitty because the kitty is mean to her."


Lows for the week -

1.  That darn cat!!
Incident #1 - She jumped in my face one night while Becki and I were trying to relax and watch some      television.
Incident #2 - Zoe jumped in Elijah's face while he was trying to get ready for preschool.
Incident #3 - Zoe jumped on Becki's back and put her paws around her head while Becki was trying to put Elijah down for his nap.

2.  Still struggling.



Romans 7: 24-25  
24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 25Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious!!!! I agree completely with learning so much from children...they have great instincts! Glad you are surviving. Talk soon! Love and pray for you!

    ReplyDelete