Monday, March 7, 2011

The Nanny Diaries: Chapter One

I arrived here in the sleepy town of Carthage, New York on Saturday, February 26, 2011.  But this was not a smooth arrival.  Oh Amtrak, when will you ever get it right?  Do you even want to get it right?  Do you even care?  
My train was already two hours late out of New York Penn Station and then you made me sit for another indefinite delay on the train.  
Despite all of the delays, soreness, anger and frustrations I arrived here in tact to two little boys full of energy and playfulness.  My days have been packed with activity and trying to understand exactly what the Lord is wanting to show me through this new assignment.  Obviously, my number one job here is to be a servant to my friend Becki.  To be honest, I don't know what I am doing.  I think that we are all flying by the seat of our pants. The children are doing very well considering there is now a strange woman in the house playing with them and telling them what to do just after there father has been deployed.  What a difference a year makes!  Wow!
Instead of logging tapes, updating databases and all the other things I use to do I get to play Wii with a seven year old, hide and seek with a three year old and make playdough.  Come on!  My life could not be more different than it was a year ago.  Sure, I don't have as much money as I did a year ago, but I would not trade the decision I made for all the blue playdough I get to make with Elijah.  God's plans maybe quite different than what we expect but I must concede that they are so much better than what I could be doing.  Bless him for his gifts.
Please continue to pray for us as we find out what God has in-store for us all.  God has already been showing me a lot and I've only been here one week.


Be Blessed!

3 comments:

  1. This makes me smile! I owe you a phone call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings on your new journey...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ebby,
    So glad to hear you are well with your sanity intact! I am also glad that you enjoy boys' energy! Keep me posted. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete