Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Leap of Faith


What a journey the past few days have been! From the Lord speaking to my heart that I am to literally drop everything and follow His lead, quitting my job and in two weeks I will be living in Kansas City, Missouri.  Wow! 
First, you have to know something about me.  I DON’T DO THIS!  I am a planner.  I like to plan parties and get-togethers months in advance.  I book plane tickets three months in advance.  I like to know what is happening next all the time.  I am not a fly by the seat of your pants kind of woman.  But God clearly said, “Take up thy cross and follow me!”  So, I’m doing it.  I’m leaving my wordly possessions behind, leaving a regular paycheck and benefits, to receive impartation and increase from the Holy Spirit. Whoooooaaa!
Some of you may read this and think I have really lost my mind.  Some of you may read this and think that I am just trying to make my own stuff happen and I shouldn’t do this.  Here is the thing. . .   I love you all, but God told me to do this and I am doing it.  So, if you do not have encouraging things to say about me following His lead, you don’t need to say anything.  I only have room for the will of God.  I understand reservations, and worrying for me.  That’s all love for me, but trust me when I tell you that this is the Holy Spirit’s guiding.  He clearly spoke and said, “Follow Me, walk in Fearless Obedience”.  A friend spoke over me once and said, “The Lord will tell you to do things, but beware people will say to you, ‘No, stop, don’t!”  If you are one of those people, before you type that email, make that phone call or send that text message, pray.  If anything, pray for God’s will in my life and financial provision.  Not my will, but thine Oh Lord, be done.
It’s been said that to get something you’ve never had before; you have to do something you’ve never done before.  Sometimes, when God tells you to do something it sounds crazy.  Think of Ezekiel, Haggai, David, Noah, and Joseph; the Lord asked them to do some outlandish things and gave them promises that seemed far fetched to those around them.  But after they did it, not only were they blessed, but so were generations after them and people around them.  Obeying the will of God has a ripple effect just as disobeying the will of God has one.  I want to be blessed going and coming and I want that to ripple out to all of you, my loved ones.  I Samuel 15:22 But Samuel replied:  “Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the Lord?  To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.  For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.  Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, he has rejected you as king.”  
A friend of mine had a vision of me with the Lord and He said to her, "Obedience is better than Sacrifice". WOW!  I did not know what that meant, but I know now!  
For a long time I've been wondering what the Lord was doing with me.  I've been fasting and praying for years for the next season.  Here it is!  Staring me in the face and I just can't wait to leap off into it!  At the very beginning of my journey to this place, I was seeking the Lord for the next step.  In the midst of it I was worrying and a friend said to me, "Don't be afraid, just anticipate how God is going to move!"  People, I tell you the truth, do not be scared when the Lord asks you to make a giant leap of faith.  If He is with than you have NOTHING to fear!  

3 comments:

  1. You are my new hero. I am going to start selling posters with your image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ebby,
    It is amazing that after these past 22 years of friendship, God is still bringing us close to each other and yet closer to Him. He is shaking up our world! You know that my family and I are doing the exact same thing right now! You just keep on trusting God. The world has yet to see what one life utterly devoted to Him can do! You are in my prayers! I am proud of you for only heeding HIS voice! Keep up the entries- preach it, sista!- Lace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ebobo!!!

    I am so excited for you! I know that God has great things in store. From the second I read your email I started doing a freaky excited bouncy thing in my cubicle (luckily it was a day when I was the only one in the dept. heeheee No need to affirm the fact that they all think I'm crazy haahaa) You are gonna rock this out! You are so brave and I know that in your years with CAST he has used you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! So keep being his instrument and tool! And now since you're going to be far from NYC like me you'll have to survive with the BWay Tours, they aren't that bad, but as a tip never go the first few nights, they don't know what they're doing haaha! :-) I love you from the bottom of my butt cuz it's bigger than my heart! :-D You are an inspiration Bobo!

    LOve ya!

    ReplyDelete